Sunday, July 21, 2013

Update 7/20

We now have front steps and man do they take up a lot of the front yard since the house is so high. I'm not sure I like them yet, hoping the finish work will change my opinion of them once it's all done.

The cabinets were installed on the July 20th. Added pictures to the Construction Progress tab. There are concerns (of course):
  • Kitchen cabinets look awesome! There is one door that is cracked but I believe they recognized this since they didn't put the door knob on it but hoping this doesn't cause delays to get a new one in place
  • Master Bath vanity - let's see here....there was one drawer that wasn't flush with the cabinet. When I pulled it out and looked it seems the plumbing won't let the drawer go back all the way. Hopefully the plumber can fix this easily and it won't cause delays...Also, looks like they had to jamb the backsplash to make it fit and seems they damaged the wall which drew our attention to the side splash that wasn't flush against the wall because it seems the wall is warped!
  • The vanity that was supposed to go up in the bonus bath was still sitting in the family room, I am not sure what happened there but there the toe kick may have been the problem, not sure. Again, hoping this doesn't cause delays.
  • The vanity in the 1st bath upstairs has the knee space. I knew this would happen and they have the other cabinet ordered but the expectation was that they would just replace the knee space cabinet with a regular cabinet and I'm just not sure how that will work the way it is...
The fireplace has been framed out properly now but the fireplace is still not in place. Still not sure how they are going to make this work without having the brick masons move the venting up and patching up the hole with brick - worries me though that the brick masons didn't hear anything from the PM about this request yet so again....hoping for no delays.

I am noticing more and more the blue board that is supposed to go wherever there is tile in the bathrooms isn't always where it is supposed to be and it seems the Sheetrock guys tried to cover up the fact by putting a LOT of mud between where the blue board left off and the Sheetrock begins so it's hard to tell. One of the Sheetrock crew managers was talking to my husband the other day and told us the people that do the tile are ultimately responsible for doing that...My question is...then why do you do it in the first place? Why not do it right? All I see now are delays because the tile people are thinking it's going to be done when they get there...

I have emailed the PM about the concerns and we have talked in person about them but never at the house so we can show him what we are talking about. Thankfully my husband is meeting him and the Grader out at the house on Monday when hopefully he can discuss all of our concerns and the PM can give us a good feeling about where we are with addressing them....(I hope).

The PM communication seems to have dropped off. The Sheetrock manager that was there talking with my husband was waiting to meet the PM that day, he had been waiting for about 30 min and the PM never showed up, he was tied up. I'm concerned the PM is too busy with other properties and not able to make sure this stuff is getting addressed and backsliding in communication is not a good thing at this point...

Sorry I had to vent. Hopefully I will have some less frustrating posts in the coming weeks.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to know that you are experiencing things like this. Hopefully they are easy fixes and will be addressed soon. Fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete