Friday, July 12, 2013

Update 7/12

The great news is we now have an official walk through date (8/26/13) and a close date (8/28/13) which, if it doesn't get delayed, will only make us do another 30 day rate lock (still stinks).

I have scheduled my refrigerator, the fence people, and our movers to arrive on the 29th =)

We now have 2 3/4 walls of the house bricked and almost the entire home sheet-rocked and compounded (one outlet was covered - we notified the PM and he got it corrected).

In our garage (with no garage door & no sheetrock) we have sinks, stair railing, columns, window screens, molding, interior doors & bead-board.

New troubles to share....

I'm ticked....when we went through the options I was asked if I wanted 1 bowl or two in the main upstairs bath....it was a $995 option and I preferred 1 sink to two so I can have the extra storage (thought there would be a drawer under the cabinet w/ no sink) and the extra counter space. Come to find out we missed out on things other than just the second bowl.....
  1. With only 1 bowl you only get 1 outlet (the one outlet is between the toilet and the sink.....not even against the wall where I could set the electronic device safely....)
  2. With only 1 bowl you get a knee space....not cabinet space underneath.
To say it nicely, we expressed out frustration to our SR. I don't think they are going to give on the second outlet or even adding another regular cabinet instead of knee space. I can't express how PO'd this make me....furious............

I updated the contruction pics tab-

/vent off (for now)

4 comments:

  1. That happened to us too but I caught it at our pre construction meeting. I saw it in another blog. I'm sorry, they should he able to fix it if you pay for it. Take it up with your SR and then a manger if need be. We should be close g around the same time, but I'll know on Monday when we have our pre drywall meeting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We discussed it in great length with our SR who was reaching out to her Mgr to see what could be done. The last reply from her was something about "Logistics" and timing to close to get fee updated to contract price......My husbands response was simple "Maybe you should just eat the price difference." We haven't had a response yet.

    In our pre-construction meeting there was only a confirmation that we wanted the single bowl, he didn't go into the differences. How did it get disclosed to you at the pre-construction meeting?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had read a blog and the girl was pissed she got the single vanity, no one said to her the vanity was smaller when you get the single bowl , she wanted the extra counter space, like what we thought we were getting. During the meeting I asked about it since it was a big deal that I get the extra large vanity. My SR remembered we wanted the extra space and that is why we went with the single bowl. She called her manager and we were able to the change order. Our pre construction meeting was a month before we broke ground. Also due to tons of developer and other delays and the fact we were going to walk away and find another builder we seemed to get what we wanted in the end. I wish they went over the options better and explained what you get instead of having us guess. I was a blog junkie and found out more from them then our SR. Good luck but if your SR won't budge call corporate and see what they can do. Explain that you were misinformed about the size and what you were paying for. It cost us almost a grand more for the double bowl vanity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah gotcha, wish I had read more before proceeding. It's hard to find these blogs! Turns out our SR was able to get the regular cabinet included for us at no cost (I just wish she would throw in the extra outlet too).

    ReplyDelete