Sunday, July 14, 2013

Update 7/14 - Fireplace Concerns

Just realized from reading another blog that our fireplace doesn't have the "bench" at the base of the fireplace. We selected the option for the fireplace with stone surround and I've seen what the model looks like now (it has stone surround all the way to the top) and the only difference as it was told to us was that we selected the option that didn't bring the stone all the way to the top.

Model Pic of Fireplace -
 Our fireplace so far (looks too low and should have the bench framed.....)
So I've emailed the PM and the SR but all I can see out of this are delays and if they don't retro it I won't be happy because I wanted the $3,295 option we selected for a reason!

3 comments:

  1. Sorry that you are running into these issues..... I know how frustrating these things can be. Usually we expect to get what we see on the model. I believe it's their job to let us know if there are options and differences in what we pick on a paper! Hope this will be sorted out to your liking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Double check your options, they had two types of fireplace designs in our community. The full stone with the seat and the wood mantle with granite. I wish they explained the options better, I took the list home and researched everything to see what we wanted. Hope it gets fixed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, the problem is that we checked and the fireplace "as built" is not as we optioned it. They are having to re-do it and I'm hoping it won't cause any delays. =(

    ReplyDelete