Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Updates 6/11/2013

We met our PM at the neighborhood before our Pre-Construction meeting.  He walked us around the lots while we tried to make up our mind on which lot we wanted to go with. He was a great guy that seemed to set our minds at ease with some of our initial concerns.

Well, a little over a week or so ago we were at the lot and the Brick mason told us the NEW PM was going to be coming by. This was the first we had heard of it. Our initial PM had been moved to a different area (I think it was a promotion).

Anyway so we had to start over with a new PM. So far it's not bad, we had to make sure he knew we were big on communication and really anxious to see progress on the house (who isn't right?). Well, from what I understand early on in the initial clearing, Erosion Control had made them stop work on the site until some of the dirt could get cleared from the road  (We don't want that to happen again and there has been a LOT of dirt in the road!) so....my husband and I wanted to discuss the cleanliness of the jobsite & some other concerns we had with the construction of the house with the new PM. The PM obliged and when my husband met him at the site thankfully he walked away from the meeting with a feeling of ease once again...Communication is key to happiness!

So to today - I went out a couple of times between yesterday and today and took some pictures. I'm so excited to say there is now roof sheeting (I think) over the back half of the house and roof trusses and gables everywhere else! Check out the construction pics tab to view images.

2 comments:

  1. Good going....I guess we are on the same time frame. Now, do you guys have a basement and a finished attic? I did not see basement on your floor plan but looking at the pics I'm guessing you have one?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, we have the finished attic but no basement; it just looks that way I guess because it's in a hill that slopes down to the side. We were trying to reduce the steep angle of the driveway so the garage is much deeper than it would typically be I guess.

    ReplyDelete